Thursday, February 19, 2009

Polaroid Ee66 Bedienungsanleitung

New toys: Starmap

such a beautiful night sky like last night I have not seen for a long time. Not a cloud in the sky, and even on the road with lights around me were very many stars visible.
I then got my most expensive program to buy iPod touch: Starmap . The 10 € but were well spent, Starmap is it worth every penny (and more)! I will not list all the functions to which I have previously used the program enough to know them all. Therefore, a more subjective idea of what I liked to use.

Starmap needs its own position in order to present an accurate picture of the night sky at the current location can. With an iPhone would not be a problem that has finally GPS. I had to look out but not fast the longitude and latitude of my site, because the iPod touch can sometimes find its location - Wi-Fi hotspots. And as my own wireless router is stored in any database (really know someone how hotspots are in there, and who is running the database?), Starmap was alone, the current position. The current time Starmap knew then, what objects in the sky had to be [1].
What do I do now if I want to find, for example, the constellation Orion [2]? A brings pressure on "constellations" in the menu bar me in a list that I can switch between all and the currently visible constellations. If I hit "Orion" button appears on the sky map, an arrow, which steers me in the direction of Orion, based on a view towards the north.
The movement then registered the iPod way. With the built-in accelerometer can I use the iPod horizontal and vertical motion, and the sky map will scroll in that direction! Zoom in and out goes the way and as for the iPod touch / iPhone usual.
Other nice ideas that are very clever solution: you can continuously both the brightness of the sky, and the set of stars to display on screen the actual visibility adapt. To give yourself not to look with a bright screen to pollute , there is also a red light mode. For additional information, many objects are stored, for the planet also pictures. Oh, and Pluto is at least in Starmap still a planet . ;-)


[1] also such data as up and set times are available offline, Starmap requires no Internet connection. can
[2] According to proceed even with planets, stars and galaxies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment